Tuesday 6 December 2011

Favourite birds, buttons and a boat

.... vintage tiles over the fireplace....


.... tin and linen birds hang out with wooden buttons


.... joined by a very elegant Cardinal


.... and a very handsome paper parrot in a blue coat



.... add to the mix a wooden robin who thinks he is Santa


.... a state-of-the-art bird house


.... a potty paper bird


.... a wise old well-read owl


.... a pair of speckled hens


.... a red enamel chick


.... a wooden wren


and a beautiful fabric caique (Greek fishing boat) made by my friend  
Eleni Patsaki

.... and you have a few of my favourite things at Christmas.
What are yours?


© 2011 Francesca Muir

4 comments:

  1. Birds seem to be a common theme this year...I have my share, too. I keep seeing them everywhere. Love those tiles, Francesca.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the owl Francesca!
    Carla x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see we both have a thing for birds!!Mine is stars (for our little boy) and I have some beautiful ornaments each one special.
    gorgeous
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How enchanting. I would love to send you a photo of the skinny legged robin in the garden right now, he is so tame and cheeky. Thank you for sharing your favourite things. Love Balepy

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - so please feel free to add something. Thank you! F x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...