Friday 6 July 2012

The art of the autumn leaf

The autumn leaves are finally falling ....
.... leaving their lofty homes

.... their summer houses
.... now heavy with rain drops
.... for a new home at the bottom of the fence
falling in a crunchy heap 
 forming a carpet ....
.... a patchwork of colour.
Above, they leave a silhouette of the sky ....
 and below, those that escape on a gust of wind ....
 ....fall as a piece of art.
For me Albert Camus summed it up the best when he said:  

"Autumn is a second Spring, when every leaf is a flower"





© 2012 Francesca Muir and iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Goodness, this makes me wish for autumn here in Texas, Francesca. It's about 100 today, going outside is worse when it's hot than when it's cold, for me. Even the poor plants are dripping over from the intensity. Sending love, honey-bunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sharon I feel for you - it's cold here in Sydney - and wet! Like you, I find it easier to get warm than cool down!
      Sending this with cold wishes and cool breezes. F x

      Delete
  2. Brilliant in concept and execution - lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures. They are so abundant with colors, so vivid that they almost come out alive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn is my favorite time of year, a time of loss and replenishment.
    xxx
    ciao lisa

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - so please feel free to add something. Thank you! F x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...