Tuesday 24 December 2013

Christmas and the child in us all



A kookaburra song heralds the morn
And all is still, as daylight's humid fingers creep over night’s shadows.
My early bird stumbles in – bright eyes peering through tumbling, sleepy hair
...dragging a pillowcase bursting full of surprises 
and rustling in anticipation with her every move.
Light forces its way through the curtains
A spotlight on the bed stands ready …
My excitement is her excitement...
After all these years

Nothing has changed.
I am a child again
...as we sit on the bed in a pool of sunlight.
The waiting is over…
 
It's Christmas day...

And it's time to do what I've done since I can recall...
...Time to open presents!

May your gifts be full of friends, laughter and good health.
Happy days my friends
  Frannie xx     
© 2013 Francesca Muir

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you my friend! Your excitement over the day is contagious. . .our Christmas Eve has just arrived so must wait another day and evening before we can join with you in opening gifts. . .but in reality our year has been a gift filled with friendships and adventure. . .(Beautiful post!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you J and J - wishing you all the very best for 2014 and all your travels. Looking forward to sharing them with you F xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - so please feel free to add something. Thank you! F x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...